Ways to give to the UT Foundation:
Charitable Gift Annuities
Perhaps you’d like to make a major gift, yet retain an income stream. An Ideal solution may be a charitable gift annuity. It’s a simple contract between you and the UT Foundation for the benefit of one of the campuses of The University of Texas System. In exchange for your gift of cash, stocks or bonds, the UT Foundation will pay beneficiaries of your choice a fixed sum every year for the lifetime of the beneficiaries.
The payments received from a gift annuity are based on the age of the income beneficiaries. The older they are, the higher the income payments will be.
You benefit from:
• the personal satisfaction of giving generously to your area of interest within The University of Texas System.
• an itemized federal income-tax deduction in the year you establish the annuity.
• a fixed annual income for life, guaranteed by the UT Foundation.
• reduced assets in your estate, which could decrease estate taxes for your heirs.
• potential capital-gains savings if you fund the gift annuity with appreciated assets. If you are also one of the beneficiaries, capital-gains taxes are spread out over your lifetime.
To discuss a charitable gift annuity please contact Sheri DeSpain, or 512-473-8985. If you currently work with someone in the development office of a UT Institution they will also be able to help you.